My reasons why Martin will win are…..
- Martin has been very strong all season long on the similar tracks and this includes wins at both Chicago and Michigan.
- Martin is arguably having the best season of his career and California has always been friendly to him.
- Jimmie Johnson has very good statistics here so if you pick Martin you most likely will be getting yourself out of sync with the competition.
- Hendrick cars have dominated all season long at intermediate tracks.
- Elite teams at this point in the season step it up and take over.
- In the February race Martin had a top ten car until his engine expired.
Mr. Obvious – “Jimmie Johnson”- Johnson has an average finish of 5.2 (best in the series), average running position of 5.9 (best in the series), runs in the top fifteen 94.5% of the time (best in the series) and has led 22% of the laps over the last 9 races at California.
Mr. Hail Mary- “Brian Vickers”- Have you seen how he’s been running lately? His recent performances will certainly scare people away from him. Let’s not forget though that he won at Michigan and performed well at similar tracks this season.
Mr. Need to pick someone out of the Chase to do good- “Matt Kenseth” – Kenseth won this race in February but went into hiding after that. In the last two races the 17 team is looking like their finding their old form. In the last 9 races at California Kenseth is best in the series in terms of where he runs at the midpoint in the race.
Mr. Need a super sleeper- “Sam Hornish Jr”- The 77 in my opinion is the top sleeper team in the series. In August Hornish finished 5th at Michigan.
***Make sure you check back again later this week because more information will be added.