6 Comments

1. Di
    November 12, 2011 @ 10:21 pm

Okay, I have to pick #99 as he is my designated driver for the year. Next, I think I need to go with Gordon and Stewart as the players behind me have them as their DD’s. My thought is that if I pick their DD’s then I only have to beat them with 4 drivers and not 5.

Finally, I am thinking of putting in Kahne, which then leaves me with a lot of money to pick Newman, AJ, JR., Truex, Menard, Ragan. Brad, Ambrose, or Regan Smith. I really need help with the 5th guy. What are your thoughts?

• Jordan McAbee
      November 12, 2011 @ 11:10 pm

Out of Newman, Allmendinger, Junior, Truex, Menard, Ragan, BK, Ambrose, and Smith? I’d go Truex, but if you want to be on the safe side, it’s a flat track and Newman excels on them. Menard disappoints me whenever I think he looks good, and Ambrose and Dinger are quite unreliable on flat tracks, and pretty much in general, but I’d pick Marcos over A.J. Out of those nine, though, I’d go with Truex.

• Di
        November 12, 2011 @ 11:30 pm

I was really leaning toward Newman, but read on this site that he had a vibration issue, which they worked on during practice. It seems like it always comes down to the 5th guy for us every week! Right now we have a 165 point lead over second place and 202 over third. I would love to get a win for my dad who has been into stock cars since I was young! I appreciate your quick response and all your information! I’ll let you know how we do. We were first last week!

• Jordan McAbee
      November 13, 2011 @ 10:31 am

Good luck!

2. Mike
    November 13, 2011 @ 8:10 am

“Those I will avoid: Bare with me, the list is long… Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Ryan Newman, Clint Bowyer, Juan Montoya, Joey Logano, Dale Earnhardt, Jr.”

..but then you replied..

“..but if you want to be on the safe side, it’s a flat track and Newman excels on them.”

Then you have AJ and Ambrose as ‘Non-Chasers you have your eye on’..then you say they are quite unreliable.

Did I miss something?

• Jordan McAbee
      November 13, 2011 @ 10:31 am

Mike, Newman didn’t show me anything in practice and had that vibration so that’s why I’m avoiding him. Plus he starts in the middle of the pack. As far as being on the safe side, I was basically saying that I would understand why many would pick him due to it being a flat track. As far as AJ and Marcos, I just have my eye on them this week. I put non-Chasers in that category when they qualify well (like those two did) and/or if I think they’re sleepers that will have a good race.