Kansas STP 400: Fantasy NASCAR “Top Tier Elite” Picks

Jimmie Johnson Fantasy NASCAR

Credit: Chris Graythen/Getty Images for NASCAR

Jimmie Johnson – Since 2008 at Kansas Jimmie Johnson has two wins and has finished 9th or better every race (4.0 average finish). Other impressive stats of his since then are his 123.6 driver rating (best in series), 374 laps led (best in series) and 6.4 average running position (tied for best in series). Last fall Jimmie Johnson visited victory lane and was just .8 away from posting a perfect driver rating. My prediction is that Jimmie Johnson will win the STP 400.

Looking for a great source for stats, check out FantasyRacingCheatSheet.com

Greg Biffle – Biffle is so good at Kansas that he can win with a 4th place car (video). Currently Biffle is in the midst of a six race top ten streak at Kansas. In this streak he has two wins and a 4.3 average finish. From a career standpoint Kansas is arguably the Biff’s best track. With the exception of his rookie year all of his finishes have been in the top 12.  Last season Biffle finished 8th and 10th at Kansas. Coming off win at Texas I think Biffle is lock for a top five finish. If you’ve been sticking with the Biff expect another good performance in the STP 400.

Jeff Gordon – Gordon won the first two races at Kansas and as long as he doesn’t have fuel pump or engine problems he’s finished in the top thirteen every race. Last fall Jeff Gordon had a top five car but his motor blew up around lap 220 (Yahoo! race chart). In the five most recent races that he didn’t have problems he’s finished 4th, 5th, 2nd, 4th and 5th. Gordon was good at California (similar track) earlier this year but pit mistakes proved costly.

Matt Kenseth – Kenseth has never won at Kansas but how can you not like his recent 7th, 6th and 4th place finishes. Last fall Kenseth had the second best driver rating (121.3). If your league rewards bonus points for leading laps don’t overlook the #17. He’s led laps in four out of the last five races at Kansas. I’m never afraid to pick Kenseth at an intermediate track and you shouldn’t be either.

Portions of this content are hidden. To view this ifantasyrace advantage content log in or join the site

Join this week using the discount code Kansas for 30% off

Make sure you read the full spectrum of ifantasyrace.com Kansas STP 400 fantasy NASCAR rankings

Top Tier Elite > Front Runners > Mid Pack Projections > Drivers To Avoid

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Kansas STP 400: Fantasy NASCAR “Top Tier Elite” Picks”

1. cogrml April 15, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

Hey, Ryan. I just wanted to touch base and introduce myself. My name Cody Grimaldi from Manchester N.H not to far from Loudon. I subscribed last Friday and I have been following your content for over a year. I play in a couple of fantasy nascar leagues plus a awesome nascar pool where you have a moving draft order each week, and you can pick one driver based on order. Last week i had drafted Greg biffle 6th overall pick. And we know where that went. You guys really work hard on the content and I was not surprised you had asked for subsciption money. 10$ for your content is fair and cheap. So, I will be around a while. I really want to endorse you to others, but your my dirty little secret (Thats what she said too.) haahhaha. I pick 5th and 7th this week, and I would love to get Biffle or Kenseth this week as well. Ride the Roush wave. But, thanx for the content. Your site is great.

• Ryan Rantz April 15, 2012 at 7:40 pm #

Thanks for the kind words. In some comments unpublished I’ve been wished a lot of luck lately (you can imagine the rest lol). Keep ifantasyrace.com your secret weapon. That’s part of the reason why things are being made exclusive. I figure if everyone has the same information it’s likely no one has been helped. Thanks for joining ; )

• Jordan McAbee April 16, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

Johnson has been great on the intermediates this year. A win is coming soon I believe.

2. Ryan April 16, 2012 at 1:36 pm #

It will certainly be hard to not pick JJ or Biffle this week. The only problem with that…..everyone else will be picking them…. along with Aric if you are a Yahoo league. Great information in this post though. Thanks!

• Ryan Rantz April 16, 2012 at 1:43 pm #

I think Stewart, Kenseth and Gordon would all be great alternatives. Personally I think JJ is in a league of his own and Biffle is in the second pack with the #14, #17 and #24.

• Ryan Rantz April 16, 2012 at 4:54 pm #

For Yahoo! I did a little more research into C. Consider taking Mears. It will save you a Almirola start and his results aren’t that different. I’m hoping Aric will have more upside later in the season

Mears 2012 Intermediate Results = 27,23 ,25

Almirola 2012 Intermediate Results = 24, 25, 22

• Jordan McAbee April 16, 2012 at 10:24 pm #

Yup, my dad took Mears last week over Bayne. Either that or Reutimann, he’s been decent on the intermediates. Almirola has been a little disappointing, in my opinion. I’ll use him on short tracks.

3. Ryan April 18, 2012 at 6:34 pm #

RRantz – I like the option of swapping out Almirola this week for Mears/Reutimann since Almirola hasn’t been the greatest on intermediates at all this year and will be heavily used this week by others. Thanks for bringing up that option….I have Kenseth and JJ already in for my A drivers in yahoo.

Jordan – I am considering using KK#5 too this weekend but man has his struggled this year and I am having a hard time rolling with him. I saw that you had picked him initially….what are your thoughts on him this week? Just curious

• Jordan McAbee April 19, 2012 at 4:25 am #

Ryan,

I generally put Kahne on my roster for potential qualifying points. I have him ranked 12th going into the weekend. What’s irritating is he really hasn’t shown much in practice this year, plus, as you said, his bad luck. He’ll probably be on my Yahoo! roster again this weekend, although I won’t make up my mind on him until after qualifying on Saturday.

• Ryan April 19, 2012 at 9:32 am #

Thanks Jordan, good insight on the #5 and I think you are right in saying that qualifying will tell us a lot about him this week.