President, founder and visionary of "ifantasyrace.com, the way you fantasy race". Follow me on Twitter and LIKE my Facebook page.

10 Comments

1. cogrml
    April 15, 2012 @ 6:37 pm

Hey, Ryan. I just wanted to touch base and introduce myself. My name Cody Grimaldi from Manchester N.H not to far from Loudon. I subscribed last Friday and I have been following your content for over a year. I play in a couple of fantasy nascar leagues plus a awesome nascar pool where you have a moving draft order each week, and you can pick one driver based on order. Last week i had drafted Greg biffle 6th overall pick. And we know where that went. You guys really work hard on the content and I was not surprised you had asked for subsciption money. 10$ for your content is fair and cheap. So, I will be around a while. I really want to endorse you to others, but your my dirty little secret (Thats what she said too.) haahhaha. I pick 5th and 7th this week, and I would love to get Biffle or Kenseth this week as well. Ride the Roush wave. But, thanx for the content. Your site is great.

• Ryan Rantz
      April 15, 2012 @ 7:40 pm

Thanks for the kind words. In some comments unpublished I’ve been wished a lot of luck lately (you can imagine the rest lol). Keep ifantasyrace.com your secret weapon. That’s part of the reason why things are being made exclusive. I figure if everyone has the same information it’s likely no one has been helped. Thanks for joining ; )

• Jordan McAbee
      April 16, 2012 @ 1:58 pm

Johnson has been great on the intermediates this year. A win is coming soon I believe.

2. Ryan
    April 16, 2012 @ 1:36 pm

It will certainly be hard to not pick JJ or Biffle this week. The only problem with that…..everyone else will be picking them…. along with Aric if you are a Yahoo league. Great information in this post though. Thanks!

• Ryan Rantz
      April 16, 2012 @ 1:43 pm

I think Stewart, Kenseth and Gordon would all be great alternatives. Personally I think JJ is in a league of his own and Biffle is in the second pack with the #14, #17 and #24.

• Ryan Rantz
      April 16, 2012 @ 4:54 pm

For Yahoo! I did a little more research into C. Consider taking Mears. It will save you a Almirola start and his results aren’t that different. I’m hoping Aric will have more upside later in the season

Mears 2012 Intermediate Results = 27,23 ,25

Almirola 2012 Intermediate Results = 24, 25, 22

• Jordan McAbee
        April 16, 2012 @ 10:24 pm

Yup, my dad took Mears last week over Bayne. Either that or Reutimann, he’s been decent on the intermediates. Almirola has been a little disappointing, in my opinion. I’ll use him on short tracks.

3. Ryan
    April 18, 2012 @ 6:34 pm

RRantz – I like the option of swapping out Almirola this week for Mears/Reutimann since Almirola hasn’t been the greatest on intermediates at all this year and will be heavily used this week by others. Thanks for bringing up that option….I have Kenseth and JJ already in for my A drivers in yahoo.

Jordan – I am considering using KK#5 too this weekend but man has his struggled this year and I am having a hard time rolling with him. I saw that you had picked him initially….what are your thoughts on him this week? Just curious

• Jordan McAbee
      April 19, 2012 @ 4:25 am

Ryan,

I generally put Kahne on my roster for potential qualifying points. I have him ranked 12th going into the weekend. What’s irritating is he really hasn’t shown much in practice this year, plus, as you said, his bad luck. He’ll probably be on my Yahoo! roster again this weekend, although I won’t make up my mind on him until after qualifying on Saturday.

• Ryan
        April 19, 2012 @ 9:32 am

Thanks Jordan, good insight on the #5 and I think you are right in saying that qualifying will tell us a lot about him this week.