- Denny Hamlin wrecked his primary car while driving through Patrick Long’s oil streak. He’ll now be driving his Sonoma chassis in the Finger Lakes 355. His backup car didn’t get a single lap of practice in because it had an oil leak that Denny Hamlin quickly noticed.
Want to become a better fantasy racer? Get the ifantasyrace advantage. This week you can buy a membership for 25% off with the discount code “Ringer”
- Jeff Burton wrecked his primary car when he drove through Patrick Long’s oil streak and ran into the back of Denny Hamlin. He was able to get a few laps of practice in with his backup.
- Ryan Newman said his car feels good in the passing zones. Supposedly it didn’t last year. At the end of practice Newman posted one of the fastest laps in practice.
- Matt Kenseth changed his setup in practice. They were trying out a new setup but he didn’t like it so they reverted back to last years setup (finished 14th).
- Jeff Gordon said his car was sensitive and loose.
- Kyle Busch spun early in practice and wasn’t happy with his car. He said it had no grip. Then he went to the garage and after getting adjustments his car was quick.
- Marcos Ambrose was working on things in practice because he said there were areas he could be even better this year.
- Martin Truex Jr. said his breaks were giving him a funny feel. The #56 team was going to look into this issue following practice.
- Patrick Long had an engine failure in practice and wrecked his car. His wreck is likely attributed to getting oil on his rear tires.