- Sam Hornish Jr. did not practice. He’s in Montreal. Parker Kligerman once again practiced his car. Kligerman focused on scuffing tires. Hornish will likely go off Keselowski’s notes for tomorrow.
- Jimmie Johnson had a motor change. Something wasn’t right when they started it up so they changed it immediately. The engine change caused him to miss the first 3/4ths of practice. When he got out on the track he scuffed tires and said everything was OK.
- Jeff Burton focused on scuffing tires.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. said his car was tight in the center. He also wasn’t completely happy with the setup.
- Kyle Busch will miss the second practice session for the Pure Michigan 400. He focused on race runs. He’ll be in Montreal for Happy Hour practice.
- Greg Biffle felt a vibration in his drive train. Said it was getting better though. Greg Biffle likes his car.
- Clint Bowyer said his car was good and could go faster. He also scuffed tires.
- Kasey Kahne scuffed tires at the start. He said his car didn’t have a great attitude. He said the attitude gets worse when he’s behind another car. He also scuffed tires.