Why am I picking Mark Martin to win at Homestead?
1. Mark Martin needs to win.
2. Mark Martin has perhaps the best intermediate program in NASCAR.
3. Mark Martin won’t be racing a hard charging Jimmie Johnson this week.
4. No driver wants to be the guy who wrecked Mark Martin while he has a chance (slim) of winning the championship.
5. The driver who finishes second in points almost every year runs a very competitive race at Homestead.
Make sure you check out my NASCAR Fantasy weekly projections. The other driver recommendations is a round up of the top 5.
Other Driver Recommendations
Matt Kenseth- Kenseth has been coming on strong lately. At the two most recent intermediate track races the 17 team has finishes of 2nd and 3rd. Kenseth is also a previous winner at this track and last year the 17 was one of the fastest cars on the track.
Juan Pablo Montoya– Juan Pablo Montoya has on many occasions been the fastest car on the track in the Chase. Homestead is a multi grooved track that rewards drivers who effectively use the high line and this year no one’s been better at it then Juan.
Jeff Gordon– Jeff Gordon has finished 4th the last two times the series has visited Homestead. Gordon really wants to win another race and Homestead is the one track that Gordon especially wants to get a victory at. Gordon has never won at Homestead in his career.
Kasey Kahne– There haven’t been to many teams that have challenged the Hendrick guys this year on intermediate tracks but Kasey Kahne is one of them. Kahne isn’t afraid to use the high line and he’ll be able to use it to his advantage in the season finale.