9 Comments

1. Peter
    November 13, 2012 @ 1:01 pm

Last race and I’m neck and neck with another guy at my shop. Need to win baby! Will my team of the 5,17,78,43 beat his team of the 11,29,55,42????

• Ryan Rantz
      November 13, 2012 @ 1:06 pm

I think so. 42 isn’t good and 55 is a ticking time bomb.

2. Peter
    November 13, 2012 @ 3:16 pm

Thanks Ryan! But could you explain a little more on the 55. Because I thought that Mark Martin could be the one that would possible do good and mess it up for me. Does it have something to do with what happened with Gordan and Bowyer?

3. Ryan Rantz
    November 13, 2012 @ 4:20 pm

For reference on Mark Martin I’ll point you towards my Front Runner Rankings post —> http://ifantasyrace.com/2012/11/12/homestead-miami-ford-ecoboost-400-fantasy-nascar-front-runner-rankings/ …. Gordon and Bowyer have zero impact on Martin.

4. mark
    November 15, 2012 @ 10:13 pm

ryan, im 27 points up on my next team member for the yahoo playoff segment. i have won the first 2 segments with this week i can sweep everythin 3 segments and the championship. im think A LIST– 48 OR 17 ? B LIST–39 16 78 55? C LIST– 47 OR 6 OR 21? Any ideas what my team should look llike / thanks

5. Ryan Rantz
    November 15, 2012 @ 11:12 pm

For A I would do the #17. 48’s better but there’s always a storyline in NASCAR. The last time Johnson was racing for the championship when he lost it he blew his tire at Homestead. This will be Kenseth’s last race in the 17 and I like that story line. It’s also important to note that this is a Roush track. Hendrick has never won here.

For B I would look towards the 16 and 78.

For C I would avoid the #47 and go with the 6 and 21. Go with the 43 if you have any starts left.

Of course I would recommend just checking back in after practice on Saturday to really fine tune your team.

6. Dave
    November 17, 2012 @ 9:45 pm

Hi Ryan,who do you like here,21,6,93,47. Thanks Who do you like here 9,1,27,42. Thanks

• Ryan Rantz
      November 17, 2012 @ 10:07 pm

In the first grouping I think it’s a tossup between the 6 and 21. Between the two I would give Stenhouse the edge. I think he’s a better driver and he has a chance for a top fifteen. One thing that should be noted about both of them is that last year Roush ran experimental engines in almost every car. I believe three of them had engine failures (Biffle. Ambrose and someone else). 93 spun in practice and you can’t trust Bobby Labonte for a good result.

In the next grouping I would rank them 27, 1, 9 and then 42.

• Jordan McAbee
      November 17, 2012 @ 10:27 pm

Dave, I agree, 21 or 6 would be the way to go in the first group. Neither of them look particularly great but I’d give a slight edge to Stenhouse.

As far as the second group, I really like McMurray as a sleeper this week–I think he can run top 15. Ambrose is a close second and I wouldn’t recommend the 42 or the 27.